Monday, November 1, 2010

Stress...

This morning was really stressful at work. There's been rifts between my co-worker's and I that have grown over the last couple of months. These rifts stem from the fact that I no longer want to live the way they (and I found 2 years ago) find so entertaining. Whether this is my fault for acting different towards them (which I shouldn't do) or them acting different towards me, I'm not sure. It's hard to see clearly when you are emotionally involved in the situation. However, I have found a much deeper fulfillment in God now that I have seen how heart wrenching life can be apart from Him.  Consequently, I now feel like the outcast. Typically, I am ok with this, but when I have to deal with that and a billion things going wrong the minute I walk in the door, it makes for a not so happy Monday.

What's funny is this morning I read a verse where Jesus is chastising people because they care more for man's praise then God's. That's exactly where I struggle. I want everyone to like me and so I prayed on my way in to work that I would not focus on what anyone at work said to me, but on God...and then i got hit from 6 different directions with people who were upset with me for situations that were beyond my control.

Long story short, God provided me with the peace I needed by using one of my amazing friends. I am so thankful to have such an amazing Father! I'm also very blessed to have friends that love God as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment